Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Winters Day Hike

I know that it is soon for another post but I thought I would share a cute little story from my day. I went hiking up Pack Monadnock in Peterborough this morning with my homeroom. The point of the hike was to get to the top so we could sled down. The group had a rough go of it but while we were there we were passed by a couple, also on a hike. The two of them stopped to chat and said that this was a place that they used to spend a lot of time at in the summer and occasionally during the winter. The man then told us that he was 83 years old and his wife was almost 81- she got upset since she was only 80 and her birthday was not for a few more months. They were super cute and made it to the top when most of the teenagers I was with gave up only half way.

2 comments:

petecobb99 said...

in 25 years that old couple will be karen and me...

Loni and Jackson said...

I can picture that- they were so sweet and cute. One day I hope that I am out there . . . .